Transform Your Smile in Just Two Dental Visits
Porcelain Veneers Fremont, Ca.
Porcelain veneers can quickly transform your smile
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are placed on the front of the teeth. They’re made of white porcelain, which is slightly translucent to closely mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel. The placement of veneers allows your dentist to create the smile you want, as quickly and efficiently as possible, by covering up a variety of problems with the teeth.
Those who have veneers report that others have no idea that those aren’t their own natural teeth. People make comments like, “Wow, your smile looks great!” Those around you simply see a picture-perfect smile, allowing you to feel confident as you speak, smile, and laugh.
Veneers can solve many different problems with the teeth efficiently
There are a number of different types of problems that can be treated with veneers.
- Those with discoloration of the teeth, for whom chemical whitening doesn’t achieve the brightening that they want, can choose veneers to brighten their smiles.
- People who have several chipped teeth may choose veneers rather than having dental bonding on each tooth that’s affected.
- Those with many fillings on their front teeth may also choose veneers, especially if they are experiencing staining of their natural tooth enamel from coffee, tea, smoking, or other substances. These substances affect the enamel differently than the resin used for fillings, which can make the fillings visible.
- People with some crowding, small gaps between teeth, or other alignment problems of their teeth may choose to get veneers rather than undergo months of orthodontic treatment. The veneers will not change the actual alignment of the teeth, but can make the smile appear better-aligned. (Those who want to change the actual alignment of their teeth could choose to have Invisalign or Six Month Smiles treatment at our office.)
- Those whose teeth are very small can choose veneers to give their teeth the appearance of being larger.
The process for getting veneers is very simple, takes only two dental appointments and causes almost no discomfort
To get dental veneers, you only need two appointments at our office. At the first one, your dentist will prepare your teeth for receiving the veneers. This means that a bit of enamel is removed to make room for the veneers (otherwise, they will end up looking too bulky), and the surface is slightly roughened to help the veneers stay in place. This process doesn’t cause discomfort, because only the outer layer of the tooth is treated, and this part of the tooth has no nerves and doesn’t feel pain.
Next, your dentist makes impressions using dental clay. Your dentist will then place some temporary veneers on your teeth, so they’ll look good while you wait for your permanent veneers. For many people, the temporaries will be an improvement over how their teeth looked before.
The impressions are sent to a dental laboratory, which custom-creates your porcelain veneers. It takes about two weeks from the time the impressions are sent until the finished set of veneers is back in our office and ready for placement. At this time, you’ll return for your second appointment. Your dentist will remove the temporaries and place your permanent porcelain veneers.